Kentucky faces a choice: protect investments in education, health and other state priorities from further budget cuts, or continue to give tax breaks to special interests?
The resources provided here will help you make this choice clear in conversations with family, colleagues, neighbors, fellow parishioners and legislators: We cannot continue to cut. We need to clean up special interest tax breaks and invest in Kentucky.
Community Conversation Toolkit:
Charts and Graphs:
- Erosion of Kentucky’s general fund
- Budget shortfall
- Kentucky’s expensive tax breaks
- Kentucky’s budget: revenue and appropriations
- Kentucky’s regressive tax system
What Are Kentucky’s Options?:
- Kentucky Center for Economic Policy: Revenue Options Report
- Coalition for a Smoke-Free Tomorrow: $1 Tobacco Tax Increase
- 2018 House Bill 29
- 2018-2020 Tax Expenditure Analysis Report
- Blue Ribbon Commission on Tax Reform (2012)